Electrical Engineer – Boston, Denver, or Salt Lake City
*Applicant will work from one of these locations*
Aeryon Labs is the global leader in high performance small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS) that set the standard for technical innovation, reliability, and performance. Our teams are passionate about solving problems, which help our customers do difficult and (often) dangerous tasks – safely and efficiently. We are equally passionate about the people who make this happen. Our team. We offer careers that allow you to exceed your potential and collaborate with some of the most creative minds in the industry.
About the Position
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer who will drive industry-leading designs from concept through to commercial launch, with a particular focus on creativity and discipline. We want someone who can contribute to our vision for UAV’s and not only make them a reality, but also do it with quality and reliability.
You are an Electrical Engineer Generalist who is comfortable will all phases of the product life cycle from architecture to production ramp. You are equally at home brainstorming new systems with cross functional colleauges or debugging a signal integrity problem. You take ownership of your designs and won’t be happy until all issues are resolved. You want to work for a technology company that is innovative and growing. You are motivated by solving problems and making sure the solution works for all stakeholders. You want to work with like-minded people and enjoy being part of the team.
As part of the Hardware Development team, you will:
- Design future aircraft systems, payloads, and accessories. Take the electronics design through the entire product life cycle from research and architecture through handoff to production.
- Architect complex multi-board systems while working closely with cross-functional teams (RF, mechanical, product, software, etc).
- Drive board level verification and validation activities.
- Be hands-on in system level and board-level debugging of prototypes and in-market products.
- Perform component, microprocessor and module selection, schematic capture, guiding PCB layout of rigid and flex boards.
- Research and prototype new technologies for integration in Aeryon products.
- Optimize designs for reliability, cost, weight, testability, and manufacturing.
- Participate in the hardware team’s design review processes.
The Electrical Engineer role is for someone that is seasoned; you have honed the craft of not just designing solutions and delivering products – but making them reliable, efficient, and manufacturable. You thrive on difficult challenges, often doing the impossible by finding a way to make it happen. You want to be in an environment where continuous learning is not only encouraged – but also expected. You are passionate about quality – but more importantly the customer experience and ensuring this is the best it can be.
What You Bring
- BASc or B.Eng in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- 5+ years experience designing complex electronic products.
- Methodical, hands-on debugging skills with common lab equipment.
- Understanding of common signal busses: I2C, SPI, UART, CAN, CSI/MIPI, PCIe, USB2/3, Ethernet, etc.
- Experience with signal integrity, high-speed signal capture, eye diagrams.
- Experience with these areas are assets: motor control, RF.
- Familiarity with embedded firmware and Linux an asset.
- Experience using Altium Designer, Arena, JIRA, and Confluence are assets.
- Experience debugging difficult system level problems an asset (eg: ESD, EMI, desense, reliability failures).
Aeryon Labs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Aeryon is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process.
If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (519) 489-6726.