Director, Product Management – Defense and Government
The team at Aeryon Labs is passionate about building solutions that help people do difficult and (often) dangerous tasks – safely and efficiently – and equally passionate about the people who enable us to be successful. We offer careers that allow you to collaborate with some of the most creative minds in the industry, exceed your expectations and be at the forefront of a fast-moving, growing industry.
We are looking for a Director, Product Management – Defense and Government to support our expanding Product Management organization. Our team is highly talented, driven and motivated by tough challenges and having an impact on how our products are created and the way our customers use sUAS technology.
About the Position
As the Director, Product Management, you will:
- Manage the Aeryon solution portfolio for the Defense and Government segment, with specific reference to the aircraft portfolio, including airframes and ancillary hardware (battery chargers, cases, etc.) from “cradle to grave”; requirements, business case, costing/positioning, in-life enhancements, through to End-of-Life/Out-of-Service status
- Ingest, synthesize, and document product requirements from end-users, partners, internal customer-facing organizations, competitors and other sources
- Be the internal domain expert on all aspects of the competitive environment within the Defense/Government segment and the surrounding technology ecosystem, including subsystems (sensors, propulsion, processors, etc)
- Deliver timely, accurate, and comprehensive product requirements to the engineering organization
- Work with the engineering, operations, and other stakeholder organizations to define and bring to market innovative solutions to complex technology/market challenges
- Support the sales and pre-sales organizations on the delivery of market-facing roadmaps, RFP/RFI responses, and technology interoperability/integration with existing customer technology assets
- Create and disseminate internal and external documentation, e.g. product briefs, MRDs, competitive summaries, etc. to all internal and external stakeholders as appropriate
- Manage commercial and technical aspects of partner relationships; establish teaming, licensing, or similar forms of relationships to optimize and accelerate the Aeryon product portfolio
- Be a key point of analysis and decision making in feature trade-offs and build/buy/rent decisions
You are detail-oriented and deliberate in your approach to managing complex multi-disciplinary technology products. This is balanced by exceptional interpersonal skills – you are able to “sell” ideas across functions and levels, both inside and outside the organization. Throughout your career you have stood apart from your peers by virtue of exceptionally fast, yet comprehensive and high-quality delivery of work product. You have extensive industry experience in aerospace and/or defense sectors, and clearly understand and can execute within the constructs of “aviation-grade” or “military-grade” programs and customer requirements.
What You Bring
- 15+ years professional experience in aerospace or defense sectors, ideally with domain experience in Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) platforms
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, or similar technical discipline
- MBA or other graduate-level education
- PMP or similar designation is desirable
- Product Management experience with complex, multi-disciplinary, B2B products
Aeryon Labs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Aeryon is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process.
If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process please email email@example.com or call (519) 489-6726.