On your first day, you participate in a full on-boarding program with presentations about the company, products and your department. You also tour both of our Waterloo office locations.
Every new employee, regardless of their role, takes the Aeryon full-day flight training course. You will learn how easy it is to be an Aeryon sUAS pilot. Some other benefits include:
The Diversity Difference
A company is a collection of individuals; the sum of its parts. Aeryon Labs Inc. is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive work environment that is fair, honest, compassionate and independent of bias. As part of this continual commitment, Aeryon is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
At Aeryon, our employees are passionate about giving back to the community in which we live and work. With this in mind, Aeryon and its Ambassadors will:
- Be a good neighbor by positively contributing to the safety, growth and well-being of our community in which we live and work
- Encourage and support each other in charitable giving of time and/or monetary/material donations that helps to enhance the well-being of local community groups
- Sharing Aeryon’s technology expertise on a pro-bono basis for local not-for-profit-organizations
Aeryon and its customers have been able to provide equipment support and/or pilot expertise in a variety of emergency response situations. Some of these world events include:
- Typhoon Hagupit in 2014 (Philippines)
- Earthquakes in 2015 (Nepal) and 2016 (Ecuador)
- Wildfires in 2015 (British Columbia) and 2016 (Fort McMurray, Alberta).
As well, local law enforcement agencies have been able to use Aeryon sUAS to safely locate missing individuals and reunite them to their families.
Aeryon also recognizes a number of not-for-profit organizations that are important to our employees, which include:
- Robostem Academy
- Girls Can Fly
- The Food Bank of Waterloo Region
- Ronald McDonald House
- House of Friendship
- To name a few…!
When we all come together, great things happen.
Like What You Hear? We Want To Hear From YOU…
We are looking for people who do more than fit in – we want people who stand out. We know that you are defined by more than your resume so we don’t screen applications by machine or programmed instructions.
What makes you unique, makes us better. If you want to be part of our journey, APPLY NOW!
The Process and What to Expect
Thank you for choosing Aeryon. We know that you have many options to choose from, and we do not take your interest for granted.
Our process consists of an introduction with our Talent team, either by phone or in person. This is meant, as is every step of our hiring process, to be an open conversation about us as a company, our culture and our need in the role as well as allowing us to gain a strong understanding of your skills, abilities and interests.
From here, you will meet with the following:
The Team – no matter which department, you will meet key team members and discuss the role and team in detail. This gives you the opportunity to meet the people that you would work with, and the team to gets to know you a bit better.
The Leader – all of our leaders are involved in the hiring process. It enables candidates to get an understanding of the people who lead, design and deliver on our market and employee commitments, and gives our leaders the chance to meet great people earlier in the hiring process.
The most popular question we are asked, by candidates, is ‘what can I do to prepare’? Aside from the standard research and information you can find online or in the community, here are some suggestions:
- Understand your key accomplishments that relate to what we do. We know you may have not built UAS or used them, but you might have comparable skills and experience. Write them down and be ready to talk to them
- Focus on you; what have you done, what have you learned, what do you want to accomplish? Most companies want the ‘right answer’ to their questions. We listen to what you say; not to what we want to hear
- Why are you interested in joining the Aeryon team? Again, there is no right answer but we always want to know ‘why us’
- Questions – we know it’s hard to know what to ask about a company during an interview. We just want you to know we will answer your questions, as you need them answered
Again, thank you for being interested in Aeryon. We look forward to hearing from you!
Join Us In Making A Difference.