US Government Contracts Manager – Denver CO
**This position will be located in one of the above locations**
Aeryon Labs is the global leader in high performance small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS) that set the standard for technical innovation, reliability, and performance. Our teams are passionate about solving problems, which help our customers do difficult and (often) dangerous tasks – safely and efficiently. We are equally passionate about the people who make this happen. Our team. We offer careers that allow you to exceed your potential and collaborate with some of the most creative minds in the industry.
About the Position
The US Government Contracts Manager will have high-level responsibility for the management, support, and implementation of all US Defense-related government contracts for Aeryon Defense USA, Inc. a wholly owned affiliate of Aeryon Labs focused on providing solutions for DOD organizations (Aeryon Defense). The US Government Contracts Manager will perform the coordination, negotiation and management of complex proposals and contracts under minimal supervision. This position requires knowledge of government and commercial contracting methods and agreements, including policies, procedures, and Federal Acquisition Regulations/Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (FAR/DFARS), to provide appropriate support during the contract life cycle from pre-solicitation, to proposal development and submission, discussions/negotiation, award, contract execution and contract closeout.
As a Government Contracts Manager you will:
- Work with the Aeryon Defense Program Manager and/or similar team members to support proposal activities including, but not limited to, analysis of solicitations, preparing summaries and developing strategies and recommendations based on the analysis, participating in all proposal team meetings, preparing the terms, conditions and assumptions upon which the proposal may be submitted, reviewing the technical and pricing proposals for accuracy and consistency, and conducting overall business risk.
- Interface with key personnel to establish strategy, discuss contractual issues, provide early identification of risks and potential liabilities, and to recommend alternative courses of action as appropriate.
- Ensure contract files are up-to-date and audit-ready with all contractual data, correspondence and status. Update Mechanization of Contract Administration Services (MOCAS), Data Quality Indicators (DQI) Validation, Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) Report, Weekly Data Collection, Projects Authority To Proceed (ATP) / Undefinitized Contract Actions (UCA) / At-Risk / Basic Ordering Agreement (BOA) / Indefinite Duration Indefiniate Quantity (IDIQ) Spreadsheet, Program Cost/Revenue, Account Report, Accounts Receivable (AR) Aging, and Unbilled Reports where applicable.
- Administer the preparation and delivery of customer required data and reports in compliance with contractual requirements; monitor status of day-to-day deliverables and preparation of all contractual documents to include DD-250s, DD-1149s. Assist with iRapt duties. Track submission of DD-250s, ensuring prompt review/approval/payment.
- Ensure that all customer notifications as required by contract are submitted in compliance with contract terms.
- Assist Finance in billing preparation; accuracy of contractual requirements (i.e. , Time & Material contracts (rates and categories); cost-type contracts (cost and scheduled); milestone and Contract Line Item Number (CLIN) liquidation).
- Directly participate in tracking, reconciling, closing and reporting unbilled status; lead in resolution of Invoice issues.
- Monitor Accounts Receivables on assigned contracts, ensuring prompt payment receipt.
- Initiate, in conjunction with the Program Manager, contract close-out process based on contract schedule and completion of deliverables.
- Monitor close-out process; ensuring contracts are closed expeditiously.
- Submit for review Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs), Teaming Agreements, etc. associated with assigned business area
- Aide in the organization of the technical data, statement of work, delivery schedule, milestone payments, terms and conditions, offset requirements and other contractual elements into a cohesive proposal. Assure that proposals clearly define the scope of work to be performed and are consistent with the applicable U.S. and foreign laws/regulations (such as International Traffic in Arms Regulations “ITAR” and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act “FCPA”) and policies and procedures.
- Have delegated contract execution signature authority from the appropriate authorities in Aeryon Defense and/or Aeryon Labs Inc and/or applicable affliliates within the corporate group.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years of relevant work experience or equivalent education/experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the ITAR, Foreign Military Sales (FMS) and Foreign Military Financing (FMF) contract vehicles, Direct Commercial Sales contracts, and pricing and accounting principles.
- Current Secret Security Clearance and ability to maintain required.
- DoD and Agency contract administration experience.
- Government Proposal & Request For Proposal (RFP) development experience, including Research, Development, Test & Evaluation (RDT&E).
- Ability to obtain National Contract Management Association (NCMA) Certification, Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM).
- Ability and interest in basic knowledge of engineering aspects of company products.
- Ability to make positive and rational decisions, and proven capability to develop new and creative approaches in negotiating and managing contracts.
Aeryon Labs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Aeryon is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process.
If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process please email email@example.com or call (519) 489-6726.