Software and Systems Test Engineer
Aeryon Labs is the global leader in high performance small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS) that set the standard for reliability and performance. We enable professional users to collect high quality aerial images and data in demanding applications.
About the Position
We are looking to hire a Software and Systems Test Engineer to join our Engineering team. You will join our existing team of Test Engineers who put our products through real world customer experiences every day. Success for this position entails building detailed, complex real world flight scenarios and finding the difficult, obscure conditions, which create problems for our customers. This position requires a full understanding of engineering design (especially in software), with a combination of creativity and high attention to detail to thoroughly test our complex systems. This position is deeply embedded within our engineering team and works on a daily basis to champion safety, quality and reliability.
As part of the Engineering team you will:
- Design real world test scenarios into repeatable and scalable test plans
- Verify and validate that software and hardware engineering solutions meet or exceed quality specifications
- Be incredible at capturing failure points in detail which enable and facilitate efficient resolutions
- Experience a breadth of technology across software and hardware
- Learn and push the ability of our products, and your skills, with safety and attention to detail
You want to work for a technology company that is innovative and growing. You are motivated by solving problems and making sure the solution works for all stakeholders. You want to work with like-minded people and enjoy being part of the team. You take enormous pride in the customer experience and finding issues before our customers. You can work with strong technical team members and challenge each other and have fun.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering (Software, Computer, Mechatronics, Electrical, Mechanical) or Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience testing software is a must. Testing systems and hardware integration experience is an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of testing methodologies and test design principles
- Strong understanding of engineering design and product development life cycles
- Excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Passionate about delivering an exceptional product
- Valid G-class License
- Enjoy being outdoors in all seasons
Aeryon Labs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Aeryon is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process.
If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (519) 489-6726.