Aeryon Labs is the global leader in high performance small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS) that set the standard for technical innovation, reliability and performance. Our teams are passionate about solving problems, which help our customers do difficult and (often) dangerous tasks – safely and efficiently. We are equally passionate about the people who make this happen. Our team.
Aeryon sUAS set the standard for immediate aerial intelligence gathering. We offer careers that allow you to exceed your potential and collaborate with some of the most creative minds in the industry.
About the Position
Aeryon Labs is growing rapidly and seeking an experienced RF and Antenna Engineer to join our development team. Designing our products to maintain industry leading wireless radio communications and GPS performance while operating across different frequency, temperature and environmental ranges will be your mission. You will have a proven track record of designing robust RF solutions which meet global regulations and standards, performing component evaluations, debugging, and designing for manufacturability. You will have a reputation for collaborative design and delivering quality results on schedule.
As the RF Engineer you will:
- Design of aircraft and base station RF systems including GPS front end and short/long range communication systems
- Antenna design, placement, configuration and optimization
- Review PCB and mechanical designs for impact on RF systems
- Radio link design, including link budgets and propagation simulations
- Qualification and technical management of external vendors for radio modules (modem, PA, mixers, GPS receiver, etc), firmware, and antennas
- Designing for manufacturability from concept to production release for quality, testability, performance, and total cost
- Debug and resolve infield issues relating to the various RF links including desense from onboard electronics
What You Bring
- Bachelor/Masters of Applied Science or Engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar role with demonstrated increasing technical strength
- Expert system level knowledge of various wireless technologies including WiFi, GNSS, ISM band, and Cellular (LTE)
- Familiarity with PCB design and component selection an asset
- Knowledge of advanced next generation radio technologies an asset
- Experience with a wide variety of analog and RF analysis test equipment
- Strong problem identification and resolution, organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Experience with requirements definition, technical documentation and participation in technical design reviews
- Ability to estimate work, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Accuracy and attention to detail while working under tight deadlines is required
Aeryon Labs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Aeryon is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process.
If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (519) 489-6726.