Production Operator (3 Month Contract)
Aeryon Labs is the global leader in high performance small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS). The team at Aeryon Labs is passionate about building solutions that help people do difficult and often dangerous tasks – safely and efficiently – and equally passionate about the people who enable us and our customers to be successful. We offer careers that allow you to collaborate with some of the most creative minds in the industry, exceed your expectations, and be at the forefront of a fast-moving, growing industry.
About the Position
As part of the Operations team, our Production Operators have an impact in ensuring quality and performance before our customers receive their products. All roles at Aeryon require great teamwork, and a passion for getting things done, the right way. We work smart and hard by solving problems and making sure the solution works for all stakeholders.
As a Production Operator you will:
- Assemble and Dis-assemble electrical and mechanical components and systems as required
- Test electrical and mechanical components and systems
- Collaborate with other functional teams during New Product Introduction builds
- Provide feedback to engineering and operations groups regarding first time assemblies
- Complete repair on assemblies that have failed during one of the post-assembly tests
- Assist in product validation and flight testing when required
- Provide hands-on training to other Production Operators
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Kaizen
- Maintain 5S of your work area
- Other duties as assigned
You want to work for a technology company that is innovative and growing, meaning you are hands on and thinking at the same time “Think, then do”. You see your success through the overall performance of the company and its reputation. You are comfortable working with cross functional teams and supporting your colleagues to help everyone get things done right. You want to challenge, be challenged and learn but most of all, you want to be a part of something and see the results of you and your colleagues work.
What You Bring
- 5+ years of experience in general electronics assembly with knowledge of Continuous Improvement / Lean Manufacturing concepts (5S, 8 Wastes, Kaizen, Standardized Work)
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Ability to understand assembly instructions, technical documentation
- Familiarity with hand assembly tools
- PCBA – IPC inspection an asset
- Soldering skills an asset
- Basic assembly troubleshooting skills is an asset
Aeryon Labs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Aeryon is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process.
If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (519) 489-6726.