Director, US Department of Defense Programs (US Army & US Air Force) – Denver CO, Huntsville AL, Washington DC, or Columbus GA
Aeryon Labs is the global leader in high performance small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS) that set the standard for technical innovation, reliability, and performance. Our teams are passionate about solving problems, which help our customers do difficult and (often) dangerous tasks – safely and efficiently. We are equally passionate about the people who make this happen. Our team. We offer careers that allow you to exceed your potential and collaborate with some of the most creative minds in the industry.
About the Position
Reporting to the Vice President & General Manager of Aeryon USA, the Director, US Department of Defense Programs (US Army & US Air Force) will maintain and expand relationships with Aeryon’s strategically important large customers in the US Army & US Air Force markets, as assigned by the CEO and VP & GM of Aeryon’s US Defense Company. The Director, US Department of Defense Programs (US Army & US Air Force) is responsible for achieving sales quota and assigned strategic account objectives. This includes representing the entire range of company products and services to assigned customers, while leading the customer account planning cycle, and ensuring assigned customer needs and expectations are met by Aeryon Defense. This role has strategic and tactical oversight for all revenue within these organizations, with the expectation of revenue growth and establishing future sales opportunities within US Army, US Air Force, Army National Guard (NG), and Air National Guard (ANG) programs (excluding all programs that fall under US SOCOM).
In this role, you will be the key relationship owner and business development lead for all assigned customers/verticals. All roles at Aeryon require great teamwork, and a passion for getting things done, the right way. We work smart and hard by solving problems and making sure the solution works for all stakeholders.
As the Director, US Department of Defense Programs (US Army & US Air Force) you will:
- Establish and maintain productive, professional relationships with top influencers, decision makers and key personnel in assigned customer accounts in strategic current and new US Army and US Air Force programs (excluding all programs that fall under US SOCOM).
- Design and deliver value proposition, strategy and deliverable planning for the assigned vertical/territory
- Provide the strategic revenue, growth and retention plans of key US Army organizations for future fiscal years
- Develop and manage partner channels and relationships to penetrate and develop/maintain strategic relationships where required
- Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts
- Proactively lead a joint company strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one and three-year period
- Proactively assesse, clarify, and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis and provide that feedback internally to key stakeholders including leadership, Engineering and Operations
- Lead solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel
You thrive on developing, managing and closing large customer deals by building critical, strong relationships with key decision makers in your accounts. You do this by building and managing a detailed, execution focused strategic account plan. You want to work for a technology company that is innovative and growing, meaning you are hands on and thinking at the same time “Think, then do”. You see your success through the overall performance of the company and its reputation. You are comfortable working with cross functional teams and supporting your colleagues to help everyone get things done right. You thrive on challenge and learning but most of all, you want to be a part of something and see the results of you and your colleagues work.
What you bring
- Service in the US Army and industry experience with a preferred background and current relationships in expeditionary aviation and acquisition/requirements offices for Unmanned Aircraft Systems with demonstrated strong customer management skills in challenging environments and managing key relationships
- Ability to build relationships, build large sales, and be the key account manager for all US Army and US Air Force accounts, including the Amy National Guard (NG), Air National Guard (ANG)
- A history of working programs with Program Management – Unmanned Aircraft Systems (PM-UAS) Program Office on small Unmanned Aircraft Systems, preferably Group 1 or Group 2 Vertical Takeoff & Landing (VTOL) and Fixed Wing UAS programs
- Ability to sell a Sales Solution that matches our sUAS products with additional software and hardware products by working with internal Aeryon engineering and product teams, as well as identifying key partnerships with other companies, to provide a comprehensive solution for our customers
- Ability to work in a diverse environment across multiple organizations to complete targets
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing priorities and work independently and manage multiple projects and activities in demanding, high pressure environment
- Demonstrated business management and sales skills as well as understanding of business development skills in the assigned vertical/geography/industry
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with experience in a sales/bids and proposal environment
- Demonstrated experience in building, growing and developing large customers in the assigned space including planning, objective setting, account development and partner and channel development and management
- Service in the US Army and industry experience in aviation and small Unmanned Aircraft System programs (sUAS) is mandatory
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Business or Engineering required, Master of Business Administration Degree desired
- Current security clearance and ability to maintain. Secret clearance required/Top Secret clearance preferred
Aeryon Labs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Aeryon is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process.
If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (519) 489-6726.